Coffee is one of the largest commodities worldwide. By creating a brand where 50¢ from each bag sold benefits animal organizations, money and awareness can both be raised through cause related marketing.
I asked 4 different organizations if I could design a bag for them. They were PACT for Animals, Faithful Friends Animal Society, The Wildlife Clinic at the Schuylkill Center and the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Each cause has its own blend. This is an ongoing project. For more information, please visit kismetcoffeeco.com
This shirt was designed to raise money for a small dog rescue in Thailand.
Photography: Loren Jennings
A sample of shirts designed for Kismet Coffee Co
The goal of this project was to create a system that would teach the importance of water filtration to students in Ndabibi, Kenya. The kit taught three different methods of filtration: charcoal, layered, and one using Moringa seeds. The project had to be affordable, sustainable, and empowering for the community, in order for it to be successful.
During my time in Ndabibi, I was able to interview local teachers and students about the kit, and get critical feedback. I was also able to observe the water crisis that is taking place in Kenya.
This was a partner project. My roles were project manager, researcher, prototype testing, and on the ground research (interviewing, photography, research) in Kenya.
The goal for this project was to bring attention to a cause. The cause in particular was the disappearance of the Monarch Butterfly. I decided the best material to use for this project was Eco-friendly seeded paper, embedded with milkweed seeds (known to attract Monarchs). The messages would be hung in vacant lots, and overtime would seed the lot, bringing both flowers and butterflies to the once empty space.
Paramedics act selflessly every single day. Upon looking at ways to show thankfulness, there was a lack of options for first responders. Thankamedic is a way for patients to show their gratitude towards the medics who helped them. With their heroic service in mind, the card was modeled after a trophy, allowing for the paramedic to display their message if desired.
This was a partner project. My roles were project manager, researcher, and prototyping.
The goal of this project was to make a design intervention in the area surrounding the Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia. After interviewing many people, a common theme arose. Many felt unsafe and thought the area lacked a sense of community. Compliment cards were a way to break the ice, and share some positivity.
The cards were left in random spots for people to find and also handed out. People were more inclined to take and pass the card along of they were handed to them.
This was a partner project. My roles were researcher and prototyping.
The goal for this project was to design a cutting board that our client, who is in a wheelchair, could easily use. By giving her a more accessible working surface, she would be able to prepare meals much easier.
The future model would have clips to hook onto the wheel chair armrests, magnetic surfaces, and organizational compartments.
This project had a lot of limitations, and was very challenging. This was also a partner project. My roles were researching and prototyping.